martedì 15 aprile 2008

VINCE!!! F.C. Internazionale Milano 2, Fiorentina 0.


So Antonio, Ella, and I went to the futbol game on Sunday night.  It was AWESOME!  First of all, the girl to guy ratio is ridiculous.  I'd say about 1 to 100.  It's a little overwhelming.  Apparently Italian women are too busy to go to futbol games, or they don't like it.  Who knows.  Second, these people are sooo passionate about this sport.  It's their life.  And it's sooo fun to watch and be around people like this.  I loooove soccer, but in the US watching it isn't as fun because there aren't as many enthusiasts as in Italy.  

So the first goal is made and from across the stadium someone is setting off fireworks!  FIREWORKS!!! Inside the stadium.  Gotta love it.  They really know how to celebrate when a goal gets made.  I also like how they appreciate how the game is played.  Soccer is an intense game, with the best athletes in the world (in my opinion), and takes real skill to play.  It's nice to be around a culture that appreciates this sport opposed to baseball.  Ew.  I also love that all of Europe appreciates this sport.  When they defend their city, their team, there aren't 3 different teams they could be talking about.  It's their futbol team.  I loooove that.  True rivalry.

Besides the man in front of me wanting to kill myself when every goal was missed, most Italians seemed relaxed, happy, and excited that they were at the game.  Everyone is cheering, jumping up and down, singing, cat calling, whistling when a bad play is made.  It was such a fun atmosphere to be around.  I enjoyed EVERY minute.

...vince, Vince, VINCE!!!!!

Nessun commento: