giovedì 15 maggio 2008

THE CINQUE TERRE HIKE



Ciao e buongiorno!  Let me tell you about the most gorgeous place on Earth-- the Cinque Terre-- the 5 cities on the north west coast of Italy.  Raveena and I took a 3 hour train ride bright and early and arrived in Monterosso (the 1st city).  The beach, which was completely lacking sand and covered by colorful rocks, was still covered with people soaking up the beautiful 25 degree weather.  We started out on the hard hike-- with some parts involving climbing up stairs for 15 minutes straight.  The stairmaster will never be the same!!  Surrounded by 50-60 year olds doing the same hike, I had to keep reminded myself that I'm 21 years old and I should stop being such a baby.  To summarize the hike, each small town was absolutely gorgeous and overlooked the sparkling Mediterranean.  People gather in the small piazzas to eat and drink in the hot sun.  The flowers on the trail were spectacular and we honestly couldn't' have had better weather.  The entire hike took us 4 hours and 45 minutes and of course we celebrated with some delicious, cold gelato!  The views, cities on top of the hills, and gorgeous scenery made it the best day trip yet and definitely one of my favorite places in the world.

Nessun commento: